Thursday, May 10, 2007

Update on Seiryu




So many things have happened in my backyard... Seiryu is slowly changing colour, and my phalanopsis orchid is sending out a spike. Hopefully it's a flowering spike. The roses - my Smooth Ballerina is developing a virus. Heritage on the other hand is still looking pretty and flowering.

http://www.japanesemaples.com/catalog/item.php?id=18 mentioned that Seiryu turns "rosey red with splashes of yellow in the fall". My maple looks quite similar to the picture shown.

Points to remind myself about growing Seiryu:
1) Summer gets really hot here in Australia. I have to shade cover my maples to prevent leave scorch.
2) I'm going to repot this tree into a bigger pot because it's been 3 years now - I want my maple to grow faster, and more bushy.



No comments: